A Stork control retrofit helps you improve output, quality, reliability and availability. It also extends the useful life of turbine sand compressors, which may be limited by obsolete hydraulic or electronic equipment.
How we add value:
- Experienced engineers with in-depth turbo machinery and process knowledge
- We deliver improved performance, operability and maintainability
- State-of-the-art hardware/software and transparent programming
- Single point of contact for turbine and compressor maintenance and controls keeps downtime to an absolute minimum
- Service includes design and implementation of interfaces
Our services include:
- Customised control packages to meet your needs and standards
- Turbine governors
- Compressor controls
- Machine protection
- Vibration, machine and process monitoring solutions
- Open-loop controls
- Integrated electrical machinery controls and protection
- Integrated controls solutions for turbine generators and turbo-compressors
- Commissioning and training
Traditionally, turbine and compressor controls were often implemented as separate components and systems for specific functions such as:
- Closed-loop controls (turbine governor, anti-surge controller)
- Open-loop controls (startup and shutdown sequencing, change of operating mode)
- Monitoring (process parameters and running behavior, including alarm logging and trending)
In this situation monitoring was manual and occasional, leaving the machine unattended for most of the time and making the detection of slow deterioration or minor changes difficult. Stork control retrofits make use of the high performance and integration of today’s automation systems. The accuracy and dynamics of modern technology reduce process aberrations and allow operating limits to be maintained with reduced margins. Automatic sequencing reduces transient times and increases operational safety. Protection systems are selected based on risk assessment. Redundancies can be designed to reduce unscheduled shutdowns or safety constraints by protection malfunction.
Integration of all tasks into one automation system allows continuous monitoring and timed alarm logging, while reducing the need for human intervention. Operator interfaces can be multiple, local, control room or even remote.
Stork control retrofits use industry-standard components for electronics, hydraulics and sensorics. Our transparent programming means customers don’t have to live with black boxes. Optionally, we can provide engineering software or remote engineering support.